new tag and release rule 2015 (Click link to download printable version)
- CAPTAIN: Garry Hurley 0411 488 366 SECRETARY: Sue Smith 0481 388 879
NEW FISHING RULE
TAG AND RELEASE 2015
- For every fishing competition day of Club Jervis Bay Fisho’s, starting as of 1st July 2015 all members will be able to tag and release Dusky Flathead only.
- Tags will be numbered and 2 numbers will be chosen at random for each competition day.
- Kits containing all of the numbers 1 to 10 and a lanyard will be available for all members. They must be signed for.
- All members who have signed for a kit will receive a text message the night before a competition fishing day with the 2 numbers for the next day only. These 2 numbers must be displayed in any order in the photograph of the tagged fish.
- All tagged Dusky Flathead must be photographed on a NSW Fisheries measuring tape only. No exceptions. These are available free of charge from the NSW Fisheries office in Huskisson. The numbered tags must be placed on or beside the fish and clearly viewed in the photograph.
- Only 1 Dusky flathead may be tagged and released per competition day and must be 70cm or over, the points will be calculated according to fisheries regulations. A more accurate chart will be supplied by CJB Fisho’s. Any dusky that measures within the 1cm increments will be rounded up to the next cm. This Dusky will be included in your daily bag limit of 4.
- All points received for tagged and released Dusky Flathead will be added to your Estuary competition point score and will be eligible for the largest of species board and all other draws.
- If you do not wish to tag and release your Dusky flathead you do NOT have to. You can still keep your catch and weigh it in